Highlights: Waterfalls, turf farm, geothermal waterfall, canyon, Europe´s biggest dam.
We drive through the long and fertile valley Jökuldalur where you can enjoy beautiful waterfalls along the way. We drive to Sænautasel, an old refurbished farm in a very remote area in the highlands. The farm is covered with turf like other traditional Icelandic farms in the old days. After a light meal we drive along the canyons Hafrahvammagljúfur and the next stop is Laugavalladalur where you can take a bath in a natural geothermal waterfall. After the bath we head to Kárahnjúkar dam, the biggest of it´s kind in Europe. From the dam you can view the 200 meter deep canyon. We drive towards Fljótsdalur valley down from the highlands, with a stop in Icelands biggest forrest Hallormsstaðarskógur. The tour ends in Egilsstaðir.
- Duration:8 hrs
- Price: ISK 41.000-*
- Available: 20. June. through Sept. 15.
- Departure: 08:00
- Transportation: Super Jeep
- Lunch Pack: ISK 3.400
- Equipment: Warm clothes and good shoes, swimming clothes and towel.
* Price is pr. person with minimum of 2 adults (12 years and younger pay 50 % of full price).
- Departure at 08:00 (8 AM) from Egilsstaðastofa vistors center Kaupvangur 17 or hotel pick up in Egilsstaðir.
- Please contact us for departures on other dates.
Private Tours: Super jeep 6 seats ISK 198.000-