Ice and Fire
- Kverkjöll and the Vatnajökull national park
Highlights: Canyon, glacier rivers, outlaws, ice cave and perhaps the legendary lake monster Lagarfljótsormurinn.
Day tour to the incredible world of ice and fire at the edge of Vatnajökull Glacier. From Egilsstaðir we drive across Kárahnjúkardam through the highland wilderness to the wonderful green oasis of Hvannalindir on to Kverkfjöll. After lunch at the Traveller’s hut, we explore the area and visit the glacial tongue and the ice cave. We return via Möðrudalur back to Egilsstaðir.
- Duration:12 hrs
- Minimum no. of passengers:4
- Available: 20. June. through Sept. 15.
- Departure: 08:00
- Transportation: Super Jeep
- Lunch Pack pr. person: ISK 5.000
- Equipment: Warm clothes and good shoes.
- Departure from Egilsstaðastofa vistors center Kaupvangur 17 or hotel pick up in Egilsstaðir.
- Please contact us for departures on other dates.
Private Tours: Super jeep 6 seats ISK 198.000-